Monday, July 9, 2018

Symbaloo!

Isn't that a fun word to say?  Just say it out loud and really accent the o's at the end.  SYMBALOOOOO!  

See... made you smile didn't it? 😁

What is Symbaloo?

Symbaloo is not new.  I believe I first heard about it about 4 years ago. (and I'm sure it was around before that.)  It is a place to store your bookmarks in the cloud to which you can access them from anywhere at anytime.

My favorite part about Symbaloo

I like to believe all teachers (at least junior high teachers) write a website on their board for their students to type in and at least 17 out of the 20 of them type it incorrectly and you have all of them letting you know that you must have it written wrong on the board (because junior students are always correct)  🤪

Symbaloo to the rescue!

I use Symbaloo to house certain websites for my students to use for a particular assignment.  It works great for research!  My students still haven't moved past the point of believing everything they read on the internet.  Creating a Symbaloo board for them, allows me to know they are getting their information and I don't have to look up every website they cite in their work.

I also use Symbaloo to collaborate with other educators.  I have a board just for Teacher Blogs I follow.  Take a look here!


Have you used Symbaloo?  Do you have a board you would be willing to share?  Add the link in the comment section below.

Tona

HE>I

Reference
Symbaloo (n.d).  Retrieved from http://www.symbaoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment